- We do not charge a registration fee
- Family Music: Babes and Tots is divided into two (2) semesters. Fall/Winter Semester is 15 weeks (mid - September to mid- January) and the Winter/Spring Semester is 15 weeks (end - January to mid May April). Dates are approximate
- Cycle and MusikMakers: Divided into two (2) semesters. Fall/Winter Semester and Winter/Spring Semester is 38 weeks total. Dates are approximate depending on lesson days
- Family Music Fees are due by the first class in full.
- Cycle and MusikMakers Fees 10 equal payments (or equal payments as per starting date) paid by post dated cheques - no exception ...or...
- Paid in full with a 10% discount (one month free)
- Please look at the NMS policy re refund and cancellation
- Family Music class: Song book, digital download and CD for home listening and activities, This is included .
- Cycles and HomeMakers class: Song book, digital download, 2 CD's, 2 listening games in a cloth bag. This is included.
For New Families:
- Parent Education evenings are required before beginning the classes; these are scheduled ahead ,TBA
- Parent (s) only, no children; free of charge.
- There are no refunds for classes missed by the student. Should the teacher need to cancel, a class will be made up.
- Please keep your sick children at home, as sickness travels quickly among young ones.
- Should you need to miss for any reason, please let us know by email or phone call as soon as possible.
Parent Responsibilities Family Music
- Family Music classes are kept small and active, so please wear comfortable clothes that are easy to move in
- Please leave drinks, snacks, toys, pacifiers in your car so your child is free to explore the instruments and mouth is free to sing and communicate
- Feel free to attend to your child's needs. Their comfort is important. If your child cries or tantrums, quietly take them out of the room and help them to calm down before joining the class again.
- Because you are your child's most important teacher, please be engaged in each lesson yourself and model for your child. Even if they appear to not be paying attention, learning is happening and your attitude and example are very important.
- Invite your child to participate, but never force them to. They will join in when they are ready.
- Please resist the urge to talk or provide a commentary on what is happening to your child during song or activity time. This allows them to focus on the activity presented and helps others to focus as well. It also shows your child that the activity is not 'background" noise and that you take an interest in what is happening.
- Keep your cell phone out of sight and on mute during lessons. Be present and mindful and enjoy this time with your child. A time for taking pictures will be provided at various classes where we can all enjoy taking pictures.
- Please socialize and visit before or after class, but not during class. This shows respect to the teacher, and lets your child know that this time with them is important to you.
- Relax and enjoy this time together with your child! This is not about who has the best voice, or who play the sticks, shakers and scarves in time - this is about enjoying music together and growing in relationship with your child.
Parent Responsibilities Cycles and MusikMakers
No Parent Accompaniment
- Cycles and MusikMakers classes are kept small and active, so please let your kids wear comfortable clothes that are easy to move in
- Please leave snacks, and toys at home
- You are still your child's most important teacher, please be engaged at home and show interest in their music classes. Join into listening to the material sent home and review their efforts they made in class.
- Please resist the urge to remind them to do their music HOMEWORK. At this lesson level there is no formal home practicing yet.
- If there are sibling at home encourage your child to share their music learned in class.